Botswana Attractions and Adventure
Botswana game reserves....
The various Botswana attractions and adventure include numerous game reserves found in the country.
The Botswana game reserves account for 10% of the country's 17% set aside as protected land for parks and reserves.
The game reserves have been set aside to ensure the maintenance of wildlife for tourism and hunting purposes.
Some of the game reserves found in Botswana are:
Botswana national parks....
- Central Kalahari Game Reserve: the second largest reserve in the world.
- Moremi Game Reserve: within the Okavango Delta. It is considered the most beautiful game reserve in Africa with its diverse habitat, floodplains and lagoons.
- Makgadikgadi Pan Game Reserve: lies in a fossil lake, the reserve is popular for safari especially that for quad bikes.
The Botswana national parks are found in protected areas for animal safety, recreation and education.
Unlike game reserves, national parks have tight protection rules and hunting is prohibited.
Some of the national parks in Botswana are:
- Chobe National Park: has the largest concentration of game than anywhere else in the world.
- Kgalagadi Transfrontier National Park: the merger of Gemsbok National park in Botswana and Kalahari Gemsbok national park in South Africa. Now animals move freely over a large area.
Tourism in Botswana....
The tourism sector in Botswana is vibrant. You will be spoiled for choice.
The country resonates with beauty that provides for an endless experience of adventure.
The tourism sector is under the authority of the Botswana Tourism Board, within the environment, wildlife and national parks ministry.
Adventure in Botswana
Botswana adventure offers the best experience that includes attractions, tourism, travel and coming into contact with with the country's multi-cultural society.
Botswana safari adventure is the highlight of adventures you can enjoy in Botswana.
These are some of the adventure experiences you can enjoy:
- Botswana travel adventure: make use of the many adventure travel operators that will get you to every part of the country.
- Botswana 4x4 adventure: frankly, it is okay to regard Botswana as a 4x4 vehicles' country.
- Camps and camping: if you want to enjoy the clean fresh air, setting camp is your way to go when travelling in Botswana.
Botswana heritage sites....
Botswana has its unique set of heritage sites (and potential sites) that add to the package of attractions for you to enjoy.
The kalahari desert
The Kalahari Desert covers an area of about 900,000km and therefore straddles Botswana, Namibia and South Africa.
It has the unique feature of being the only desert that runs into a delta - the world's largest delta for that matter!
The great Chobe...
The Chobe, a region in the north eastern corner of Botswana enjoys the unmatched advantage of being the only place that is meeting place of four different countries.
Within its habitat, is a rich collection of wild animals, which includes elephants whose concentration in number terms is the highest in the world.
The Chobe is a complete package on its own. There are other unique attractions that enhance adventure in the area.
- Linyanti and Savuti
- Victoria Falls
- Zambezi River
Okavango Delta Botswana
The Okavango Delta is the stand out feature and main attraction of Botswana's major beauty spots.
It is the world's largest inland delta that ends in the Kalahari Desert.
The combination of a rich river that has a permanent flow and a desert, leads to a delicate balance in the eco-system that is astonishing!
The Okavango Delta offers wide ranging experiences:-
- Okavango Delta safaris
- Boating safari
Botswana fauna and flora
There is great variety in Botswana's fauna and flora.
- Botswana big five
- Botswana wildlife