Why You Should Invest, Travel to or Tour Botswana
Botswana stands out as a model country, a story worth sharing with the world.
This is why.
- Botswana practices democracy, and it has conducted uninterrupted elections every five years since 1965.
- Botswana is the most peaceful country in Africa. The country has never been to war, nor has it experienced any major civil strife.
- Botswana created its economy from scratch and prudently managed it.
- Botswana has lived up to its principle of "Diamonds for Development" by using its abundant diamond resources to improve the economy and lives of Batswana instead of being a "resource curse".
- Botswana has the best investment climate to do business. The right instruments are in place to support business to flourish.
- Botswana has the largest inland delta in the world - the Okavango Delta - which has the most unique eco-system. The Delta is the world's heritage site and Botswana has protected it well.
- Botswana has abundant fauna and flora, both useful for viewing and conducting research. This has been well preserved for posterity.
- Botswana is a member of SADC, the Southern African states regional body, and is well positioned geographically to reach the 150 million strong market in the region.