Why You Should Invest, Travel to or Tour Botswana
Botswana stands out as a model country, a story worth sharing with the world.
This is why.
- Botswana practices democracy, and it has conducted uninterrupted elections every five years since 1965
- Botswana is the most peaceful country in Africa. The country has never been to war, nor has it experienced any major civil strife
- Botswana created its economy from scratch and prudently managed it
- Botswana has lived up to its principle of "Diamonds for Development" by using its abundant diamond resources to improve the economy and lives of Batswana instead of being a "resource curse"
- Botswana has the best investment climate to do business. The right instruments are in place to support business to flourish
- Botswana has the largest inland delta in the world - the Okavango Delta - which has the most unique eco-system. The Delta is the world's heritage site and Botswana has protected it well
- Botswana has abundant fauna and flora, both useful for viewing and conducting research. This has been well preserved for posterity
- Botswana is a member of SADC, the Southern African states regional body, and is well positioned geographically to reach the 150 million strong market in the region
In addition to these, there are other incentives that were made specifically for IFSC accredited companies. These are as follows:
- A competitive corporate tax incentive framework; 15% Corporate Tax
- Exemption from Capital Gains Tax (CGT) and Withholding Tax (WHT)
- Access to a growing network of Double Taxation Avoidance (DTA) Treaties
- Denomination of share capital in any major convertible currency
- No foreign exchange controls. Remittance and full repatriation of profits and dividends is permitted
- 100% duty rebate on importation of machinery for manufacturing
- Negotiable tax holiday up to 10 years maximum
- Deductible training rebate of 200%
- No restrictions on business ownership
- Liberal tax regime: 22% corporate and 25% personal tax, with 15% corporate tax for manufacturing and IFSC-registered companies (lowest taxes in the SADC region)
Follow us to stay in touch: